When purchasing a property, you are at a great disadvantage. Typically, the seller has intimate knowledge of the property and you have a very short period of time to discover issues with the property – things the seller may or may not be aware of.
Mistakes during the due diligence period can result in costly property modifications or repairs that can significantly impact or eliminate the financial success of your investment. At MHA, our staff not only has significant experience completing Property Condition Assessments (PCAs), we also have significant experience with evaluating construction-related deficiencies and failures. This gives us a unique perspective as we evaluate a commercial property – in essence, we can identify many problems before they are readily evident to others. This additional insight allows us to create realistic cost opinions to remedy physical deficiencies– a critical element of making a sound real estate investment.
For us, each property is different; therefore, each PCA is different. We can provide a team to evaluate the following:
- Building Structure: Foundation and Main Load Carrying Components
- Building Envelope: Roof, Walls, Windows and Doors
- Building Systems: Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical and Plumbing
- Life Safety: Emergency Egress and Fire Suppression Systems
- Site Improvements: Pavements, Drainage, Landscaping, Lighting and Hardscape Elements
- Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
- Building Interiors
- Public Records Review: Zoning, Taxes, Flood Insurance Rate Mapping and Fire Code Violations
We typically start our evaluations with a visual walk-through of the property – followed by a conversation with you to discuss what we observed. This is important because you get initial reactions quickly during the assessment process – this information may help temper your ongoing negotiations. In most cases, that’s all that is required before we create a report and develop the cost opinion. If however, significant deficiencies are observed that warrant additional investigation or a change in plans, we will work with you to help you understand the issues and determine the next step.
+ Practice Areas
+ Contact Information
Moore Hackney & Associates, PLLC
1919 South Boulevard, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28203